Summer 2018 Artists-At-Risk Connection (ARC) Internship
The Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) is seeking interns, who are passionate about human rights, artistic expression, and serving artists at risk and the organizations that support them. Applications will be reviewed on rolling bases. Deadline for application is accepted until April 15, 2018.
- Assisting with research and outreach to identify and expand the network of organizations assisting artists-at-risk;
- Supporting work to identify sources of assistance for artists and development and maintenance of a database inventory of these resources;
- Drafting content for social media platforms and media monitoring;
- Data-gathering, analysis, and drafting of content for the project website and communications;
- Performing prospect research and supporting other fundraising efforts;
- Assisting efforts to expand support for the initiative, including media communications;
- Involvement in communicating with individual artists at risk and the network of organizations that provide them with support;
- Researching and monitoring issues and cases concerning the repression of artistic expression worldwide.
- Knowledge of and interest in global free expression and artistic freedom issues;
- Strong research, writing, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to work quickly, stay highly organized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience managing social media accounts and drafting social media content;
- Experience with online databases, and website management desirable;
- Experience doing prospect research and grant writing;
- Proficiency in a language other than English a big plus.
A commitment of two-three days per week (within normal business hours) is required. Internships last from three-six months, with opportunities for longer engagements for interested candidates. This is an unpaid position, though interns who work at least 15 hours a week are eligible for a local travel stipend. PEN internships are also eligible for college credit.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter (one page maximum) and resume to [email protected] (subject line: ARC Internship – Summer 2018).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.