“MEMBERS OF PEN pledge themselves to do their utmost to dispel race, class, and national hatreds and to champion the ideal of one humanity living in peace in the world. And since freedom implies voluntary restraint, members also pledge themselves to oppose such evils of a free press as mendacious publication, deliberate falsehood, and distortion of facts for political and personal ends.” – from PEN’s Founding Charter, New York City, 1922
Welcome Kickstarter Staff!
We need your voices and support now more than ever. Free expression is at risk. Writers and other artists have already been attacked by the incoming administration for expressing their views. As a member of PEN America, you will be at the forefront of the struggle to protect the rights of writers, artists, and all citizens to express themselves without fear of repercussion.
You will be directly involved with a national and international community of writers, editors, publishing professionals, translators, and readers who share your commitment to celebrate and defend free expression, support persecuted writers, and foster literary culture.
Working together, we will defend our most precious freedoms and ensure that literature thrives.
PEN Member benefits include:
- Invitations to our robust calendar of more than 50 events per year of literary and advocacy programming
- Discounts to our public programs, including the PEN World Voices Festival of International Literature
- Select invitations to exclusive Member-only receptions
- Subscription to PEN America, our award-winning literary journal
- Access to expert staff to address free expression violations and concerns
KICKSTARTER DISCOUNT CODE: KICKSTARTER
To receive a 20% discount, you must use the discount code.
Please contact us.
Interim Membership Manager
Direct line: 646-779-4819
Membership and Finance Assistant
Direct line: 646-779-4820
Pay by check?
Make your $100 check payable to PEN America, and mail it to:
New York, NY 10012
Please notate AAP in the memo line.