Individual Giving Manager
PEN America, a nonprofit organization that stands at the intersection of literature and human rights to protect open expression in the United States and worldwide, seeks an experienced, energetic, and highly organized individual giving manager for its growing development department. This is a full-time position based In New York.
The individual giving manager will work closely with the chief development officer and assist with all individual giving, including annual fund; donor and prospect cultivation; year-end fundraising efforts including direct mail and online; prospect research; and correspondence. This is a key role in our development department, and one that coordinates development efforts with our multiple programs and internal partners year-round.
- Assist with donor and prospect research, moves management, and all aspects of fundraising pipeline
- Coordinate and ensure effective correspondence with current and prospective donors
- Review and track CEO meetings along with executive assistant
- Assist with donor cultivation and stewardship through the use of the database and other tools to ensure timely correspondence and next steps
- Support planning and execution of year-end appeal and all other campaigns
- Coordinate with communications and other departments on messaging for campaigns
- Coordinate cultivation events
- Assist with Authors’ Evenings, Gala, and other fundraising events as needed
- Oversee tracking of pledges and payments for individual and major donors
- Process credit card donations as needed
- 2-3 years of experience in a nonprofit development office, preferably with experience in individual giving and appeals
- Demonstrated understanding of donor management and the ability to handle relationships with stakeholders with tact and maturity
- Ambitious work ethic and ability to work both autonomously and as part of departmental or cross-departmental team
- Familiarity and comfort with databases and other digital tools supporting development and finance functions. Experience with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge) a plus
- Experience preparing and implementing online fundraising campaigns. Nonprofit development marketing experience a plus
- Strong ability to communicate in writing in a range of forms and contexts
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, with zealous attention to detail
- Passion for the mission of PEN America
Salary and Benefits: PEN America offers competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references. Please submit the entire application to [email protected]. Please use “Individual Giving Manager” and your name as the subject of your email (for example, “Individual Giving Manager– Jane Doe”). Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PEN America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
No phone calls, please.