Finance and Administration Coordinator
PEN America seeks a skilled, efficient, and detail-oriented finance and administration coordinator to support our finance and office management operations. Reporting to the director of finance and administration, the coordinator will engage in a wide range of activities to support the operations of our growing nonprofit organization. The coordinator will perform finance and administration functions including handling check requests, invoices, deposits, and other bookkeeping activities; assisting in accurate record keeping with regard to donations, memberships, grants, and other organizational revenues; and maintaining a productive office environment. The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated and mission-driven staff at a fast-paced organization with an ambitious growth agenda. For a high capacity individual with a willingness to take on new challenges, the position offers opportunity for professional advancement within nonprofit operations and management.
PEN America stands at the intersection of literature and human rights to protect free expression in the United States and worldwide. We champion the freedom to write, recognizing the power of the word to transform the world. Our mission is to unite writers and their allies to celebrate creative expression and defend the liberties that make it possible.
- Conduct or support all bookkeeping functions including bill payments, bank deposits, credit card, and other expense transactions, e-commerce, bank reconciliation, etc.
- Support monitoring of banking and investment accounts
- Support budgeting for grant proposals and financial reporting for government and foundation funders
- Support preparation for annual audit and required government filings
- Support director of finance and administration on administration and operations
- Serve as liaison with IT support services
- Maintain productive office environment, including monitoring staff working conditions, managing supplies, equipment contracts and maintenance, and custodial services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on accounting or bookkeeping
- Meticulous attention to detail and focus on precision in all aspects of work
- Demonstrated interest in acquiring new skills, and ability to do so quickly
- Nonprofit experience, including exposure to restricted funds management, strongly preferred
- Experience in FundEZ strongly preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to follow through from the identification of a challenge to its solution
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communications skills
- Formidable work ethic and high energy level, with ability to multitask effectively
- Exemplary team player with professional demeanor and ability to work independently and collaboratively
Salary and Benefits: PEN America offers competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter directly addressing specific requirements for the position as outlined above, resume, and the contact information for three references. Please submit the entire application to [email protected] One PDF is preferred. Please use “Finance and Administration Coordinator” with your name as the subject of your email (e.g., Finance and Administration Coordinator – Jane Doe). Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PEN America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
No phone calls, please.