Summer 2020 Program Internship, Artists at Risk Connection (ARC)
The Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) is seeking interns who are passionate about human rights, artistic expression, and serving artists at risk and the organizations that support them. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Assisting with research and outreach to identify and expand the network of organizations assisting artists at risk
- Supporting work to identify sources of assistance for artists, and development and maintenance of a database inventory of these resources
- Drafting content for social media platforms and media monitoring
- Data gathering, analysis, and drafting of content for the website and communications
- Performing prospect research and supporting other fundraising efforts
- Assisting efforts to expand support for the initiative, including media communications
- Involvement in communicating with individual artists at risk and the network of organizations that provide them with support
- Researching and monitoring issues and cases concerning the repression of artistic expression worldwide
- Knowledge of and interest in global free expression and artistic freedom issues
- Strong research, writing, organizational, and administrative skills
- Ability to work quickly, stay highly organized, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite
- Experience managing social media accounts and drafting social media content
- Experience with online databases and website management desirable
- Experience doing prospect research and grant writing
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, or other languages a big plus
A commitment of four to five days per week (within normal business hours) is required. Internships last for three months, with opportunities for longer engagements for interested candidates. This is an unpaid position, though interns who work at least 15 hours a week are eligible for a local travel stipend. PEN America internships are also eligible for college credit.
How to apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (both one-page maximum) to [email protected] (subject line: ARC Internship – Summer 2020).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.